CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sep 28, 2007

We are back

The kids and I have returned from our fast trip to the states. We had a good time with family. I stayed a week at my grandmothers and then a little less than a week at my sister's house in Tulsa. It is a new and beautiful house. I had lots of fun playing with my niece Elizabeth while there.
I was blessed with a car and cell phone to use during the time that I was there. It came in so handy to have my own car when lugging around the three kids. Thank you so much James and Marilyn for lending me the car etc.

We are working on getting back into the swing of things. This Sunday we have a get together in the afternoon with a family that we have been getting closer with and a group of their friends. We are excited about this and can't wait to see what God has planned with these families. Please keep this in your prayers. Norma and Rodolfo are the couple that we know out of this group. Norma and her family have a great heart and are very humble loving people.

Please also keep in your prayers a new outreach that we are planning.
We have been feeling for a while a call to minister to the poor. We would like to go into the poor neighborhood and minister to their needs but also plant some new churches. We are still unsure exactly what our plan is going to be. We don't know the best way to go about it but we feel like it has been on our hearts for a long time and we want to take action. Pray that we will get the guidance we need to know how to go about it.

On a much lighter note I have been tagged. This is a game in the blog world and, much like my friend Carolyn who sent this to me, I am too non confrontational not to play. So here goes.

Here are the rules. 1)Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. (2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I like the color pink. I never would have said that before I had girls. In fact I didn't like pink util Abigail was born. Now I really like the color a lot.

2. I was the football manager for our High School football team. Until I had girls I was much less girly than I now am. I wanted to play on the football team but of course that wasn't allowed. So, I just became the manager. I loved it. I have great memories of my 3 years as manager and even got a Football letter!!

3. I volunteered at the Oklahoma City Children's hospital in the burn clinic. I started there a week before the OKC bombing. Every child from the bombing (except one) came to our clinic/ICU. I was honored to get to change their dressings, care for their wounds and speak with family members.

4. One of my favorite things in the world to do is cook. I often dream of opening my own business. I just can't decided if I would want to open my own restaurant or bakery. Both sound like so much fun to me.

5. I detests cats!! When I was in High School I got a job cleaning the neighbors house. They had a cat that would wait for me to go down to the basement and then would sit at the top of the stairs and trap me in. When I would pass by the cat would hiss and scratch me. It would also hide behind furniture and jump out at me. Before this I liked cats!! Needeless to say they had a really clean basement because I learned to just stay in the basement and wait for the cat to move.

6. I love school. I loved college and would go back in a heart beat. Sometimes I think I would even go back and get the same major just because I liked the classes so much. I dream of going to graduate school one day. FYI my major is in Human Development. FYI I just had to ask Cory what my major was!! Maybe I do need to go retake the classes

7. I am a penny pincher. There is nothing I love more than a good bargain. Coupons are a great friend of mine. Clearances excite me!!!

8. My wildest dream is to meet Josh Groban. I would love to go to one of his concerts and then have him over for a good homecooked Italian meal. Of course Cory would be invited as well.

I am tagging the following friends - Kim Rush, Monica, Timbra, Heather, Lucy, Jessica Johnson, Erin

9 comments:

Stacy said...

Glad you made it home safely.
We will be praying about your get-together this Sunday afternoon.
Stacy
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/AussieinAmerica

Unknown said...

Toni-
Your trip sounds like it was good. I hope God opens doors as you plan on helping more with the poor.
I have been tagged twice now, so I guess I'll post something soon. I just read Brandon and Katie's tag too, so that was fun.
Post more pics of your kids soon. I love to see them!
Lucy

Kim said...

hey toni! good to connect with you again. from reading your 8 things i think we have a whole lot in common. your kids are adorable. tell cory hi for me. hope we can keep up with each other in the future. God bless.

Shane Coffman said...

It was great to see you again, Toni! I'm so happy for your work in Mexico with Tim & Kim and to hear about your wonderful family. It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

But, I have to disagree with you on the cat thing. Just like people, there are a few mean ones, but you can't judge the entire species based on the handful of bad ones.

Wait, I guess I do the same thing for spiders, huh? Can't stand them...

Anonymous said...

Hey, Toni! Glad you are home safe. So sorry to hear about your grandfather but I'm glad you got to your family.

Your post was very interesting - I think I knew most of them, or could have guessed that about you. I hope you get to open your restaurant or bakery some day. I'd love to work for you!

Love you ~ Barb

AIMing in Africa said...

Hey, glad you're back. Dude, Halusky was my least favorite food over there and Umphokoqo easily replaces that for worst food ever.

Guy and Nancy said...

hey toni - I didn't know your degree was in Human Development. I started my Masters at Tech right before I got pregnant, and it was in Human Development and Family Studies. Anyways, very neat! - nan

The Gearharts said...

Toni
I enjoyed your blog. I didn't like pink until our girls either.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your family's loss. It's good to see your site and hear about the work. We've moved around so much lately it's been hard to keep up.